- 1949: The first church, the Assumption of Virgin Mary, is built by the Greek Community.
- 28-3-1957: Archbishop Makarios of Cyprus visits Tana, where he is warmly welcomed.
- 1994: Archimandrite Nektarios Kellis arrives in Madagascar and systematically commences his missionary work.
- 1995: The first Madagascan priest, father Ioannis Rakotontrazaly, is ordained by Chrysostomos, the Metropolitan of Zimbabwe. Nektaria Paradisi, a nun from St Patapios, arrives to assist father Nektarios Kellis.
- 1997: The Holy Diocese of Madagascar is founded: this diocese also includes the islands of Mauritius, the Comoros, Mayotte, and Reunion. The First Bishop elected is father Nektarios Kellis.
- 11-9-2004: Eighteen victims die when a Chinook helicopter falls into the sea near Mount Athos, in Greece. Among the dead is Nektarios, the Bishop of Madagascar.
- 14-11-2004: Following the death of Nektarios, the second Bishop of Madagascar is elected: father Ignatios Sennis.
"Parousia Agapis" Society (Presence of Love)
Platonos 98, 18755, Keratsini, Greece
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6 pm to 8 pm
Tel. +30 210 400 3654
Fax. +30 210 400 3664
Subscribe to our newsletter (below) and receive all our news and updates in your inbox.
Donations & Offers
We thank you for having surrounded us with confidence. In these times of hardship, many have helped us financially. Please also remember: it is not the size of the donation that counts.