On 29th May 29th, His Divine Beatitude the Pope and Patriarch of Alexandria and all Africa Theodore II arrived at Antananarivo International Airport. It is his second official pastoral visit to Madagascar, and he was welcomed by the following people:
- The resident Metropolitan, the clergy and the people of the Holy Metropolis of Madagascar.
- His Excellency the Egyptian ambassador to Madagascar, Sheriff Abbas.
- A representative of the Government of Madagascar.
- Volunteers from Greece and Australia.
- The female sisterhood of the nuns of the Holy Monastery of Panaghia Mochos from Heraklion in Crete (Greece) with their spiritual father Apostolos.